Investor Relations/Corporate Communications
Investor Relations/Corporate Communications
This key Investor Relations/Corporate Communications position may be filled at the Senior Director or Vice President level. The position reports to the CFO or CEO, but will also actively interact with other senior executives and functions, and will have principal responsibility for aligning investor relations and communications strategies and programs across all departments of the Company. The incumbent will play a pivotal role in designing communications strategy internally and externally, and for effectively executing those strategies with the highest professional quality. The incumbent will also have primary responsibility for executing a value-creating investor relations strategy through interactions with investment bankers, sell-side analysts and institutional investors, and a public relations strategy with a focus on the business and life sciences media and other stakeholders and outlets.
- Manage the Company's investor relations program to ensure the communication of transparent and accurate information to the financial community. Serve as the primary contact for the financial community.
- Develop and continuously refine effective investment thesis for Chimerix.
- Communicate Chimerix' investment thesis to its existing institutional investor base.
- Target and execute tactics to establish relationships with new investors.
- Develop productive relationships with existing sell-side analysts in order to assure transparent and accurate coverage, as well as effective corporate access tactics.
- Target and court new sell-side analysts to broaden coverage.
- Develop, coordinate, and shepherd the policy and process for providing guidance to the Street and other constituencies.
- Develop and manage investor materials such as the investor presentation, website, press releases, quarterly and annual reports. Create scripts for quarterly investor calls.
- Plan and coordinate periodic Investor Relations events, including investor conferences, non-deal roadshows, Investor and Analyst Days, events at medical meetings, etc.
- Create an actionable, measurable communications plan designed to enhance awareness of and interest in Company's products, strategy and people, while at the same time protecting the Company from potential events that could negatively impact its operating environment.
- Oversee creation, manage and drive all external communications.
- Coordinate appropriate review and approval of all external communications by both the Company's Internal Disclosure Committee as well as additional reviews specified by the Company's Disclosure Policy. Serve pivotal role interacting with the Internal Disclosure Committee.
- Develop and oversee comprehensive media relations strategy for Chimerix designed to enhance awareness of and interest in Company's products, strategy and people.
- Cultivate relationships with target journalists who might cover Company and industry business.
- Develop and maintain an Issues Management plan to mitigate potential events that could negatively impact the Company's operating environment.
- Work with clinical and corporate development groups to develop, drive, and own all external messaging, particularly for publications and scientific conferences. Coordinate company participation at major medical meetings and conferences.
- Support the corporate development and sales and marketing functions with existing and prospective strategic alliance partners, and ultimately patients.
- Design and direct the execution of an internal communications strategy and program that keeps employees informed and aligned with the business.
- Oversee writing, and editing of, and occasionally deliver speeches, white papers, and other key communication documents and initiatives.
- Provide communications guidance and support to the key executive team and work closely with colleagues across Chimerix' functional areas.
- Draft and disseminate regular communications to Chimerix employees.
Commercial and Strategic Marketing Communications
- Provide advice and guidance for the Company's planning and positioning for potential commercial activities.
- Assist in strategic marketing initiatives including communication programs for physicians, hospitals, patient advocacy groups, insurers and payor organizations.
- Manage the process for approved collateral marketing materials, and provide input for product launch as required.
A complete position description will be provided for qualified candidates as interviews progress.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate field; an MBA is a plus.
- Direct experience in an IR / Corporate Communications role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company required with both clinical stage and commercial stage organization experience a significant plus.
- Ten plus years of demonstrated high performance in investor relations, public affairs, and corporate communications in a successful publicly held company. IPO experience / experience with a newly-public company a significant plus.
- First-rate writing and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the financial regulatory and reporting environment for publicly held companies in the U.S. Experience in an international setting is a plus.
- Understanding of the workings of the investment community, including private equity, investment banking, sell-side analysts and institutional investors.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management and Human Resources in designing and delivering an effective employee relations program.
- Ability to produce high quality staff work and accurate reports, presentations and analysis for the Executive leadership and Board of Directors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple internal and external demands and deadlines, and the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Chimerix provides a very competitive base salary and an attractive incentive opportunity for the successful candidate. In addition, the Company has an extensive program of benefits and employees services, including relocation if required. A full description and copies of relevant programs will be provided to candidates as the interviewing process advances.
Chimerix, Inc. is a growing company and always seeks talented individuals to help with its advanced drug development programs.
If you are interested in learning more about Chimerix, please send cv/resume to email@example.com.
Improve human health by developing important new antiviral medicines to treat life-threatening diseases.
Chimerix was founded with the aim of radically improving the way viruses are treated. We initially saw an opportunity to combine a known antiviral with an intriguing technology to create a new treatment option for smallpox, historically one of the greatest viral threats to humankind. As we learned more about CMX001, we have seen its potential across numerous applications.